Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WIP - Catching up on Quilting

I have several quilts that need to be quilted.  3 of my own and 3 for a client.  I am not starting any new projects (or catching up on other WIP's) until I get these quilts done!  So on this gorgeous Wednesday, I am locked away upstairs quilting before I have to go into work.

Today, I am working on a special quilt for a special person.  A birthday is coming up soon!  I pieced the quilt with Kate Spain's Terrain fabric and Moda porcelain.  I want to keep this one! Love the colors!  I am using King Tut thread in Morning Sky which is a nice, very light gray, purply, rosy color.  Well, like a morning sky!  The quilting pattern is one of Anne Bright's called Flared Flowers.  I am also doing a border on this quilt with the Flared Flowers.  My price for doing something like this is $.03 per square inch.  (See my website for services and prices here at Creekside Quilting Services.

Now for some pictures!




Oh, I just love Terrain!  The colors and patterns are to die for!

Wish me luck on getting all the quilts quilted!  Linking up now with Lee at Freshly Pieced.  What are you working on today?

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! I also did a whole bed quilt (for us) in Terrain and Kona white last summer. The colors are so bright and springy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I bet your bed quilt is fabulous! It is such a beautiful line! I regret not getting more of it.

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing, Julie! Wow! Happy birthday to your special person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made my day with your comment! Thank you! The birthday girl will love this! Seriously, Terrain is such a gorgeous line, how could she not? She loves a quilt I made with Cuzco that I have here on a bed. Of course, I love it, too. I have a stash of Sunnyside and Daydreams that I have plans for, too. Love your fabric lines! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Ooo - I love those fabrics, too. I want to get some, thanks for sharing your awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete