Friday, February 28, 2014

Happy Friday!

A Happy Go Lucky Finish!  Here is a wall quilt, approximately 27" x 28", that I pieced and custom quilted. This piece will be hung at the office as a cheerful reminder that Spring really is coming!  The binding still needs to be cut, pieced and stitched on, but I do have Saturday and Sunday.

The fabric is Happy Go Lucky by Bonnie and Camille.  The pattern is Round and Round by Camille Roskelley.  The quilting patterns are from Wasatch Quilting - Nancy Haacke.  The thread is King Tut Temple (white) by Superior Threads.


I used some inexpensive okay, cheap fabric that I had on hand for the backing since it will be facing a wall. It was a tone on tone, loosely woven muslin.  It stretched and shifted more than the better fabrics do and I won't be making the mistake of using cheap backing any time soon.  I really enjoyed using different patterns and doing a custom layout.

Linking up to finish it Friday with Crazy Mom Quilts.

Happy Weekend!

2 comments: