Sunday, December 22, 2013

Easy As ABC

Today, I got the finished Dr. Seuss quilt off the frame and put on the Easy As ABC quilt.  This is a quilt along quilt that I joined back in July.  I fell in love with it because it is ROYGBIV.  I had been wanting to do an alphabet quilt for awhile.  The quilt along came at the perfect time!  For more information on the quilt along, please go to Blossom Heart Quilts - Easy as ABC.  Instead of trying to figure out what fabrics, colors etc. to use, I opted to have the prepackaged fabrics sent every month from Sew Lux Fabric.  I am so pleased with the fat quarters that I got!  I even have leftovers that are big enough to be stashed and used in some future quilt project.  (Sigh.  A quilt on the bed is worth two in the head.  Oh well, it is fun to imagine and create!)

Now, I guess I got a little lazy, in a hurry, something, because I have had to quilt some fullness into this quilt on certain rows.  Yes, that can and does happen, even to the best of us.  Quilting in a little extra fullness can be done.  I do not prewash my fabrics, use all cotton thread and batting so there is shrinkage.  The quilting and shrinkage definitely help hide the little bit of extra fullness.  I recommend using a scant 1/4" and squaring up each block.  Skipping the squaring up catches up to me every time I do not do it.  (Note to self.)  There really are no quilt police.  And this is for my Grandson.

Here is a picture of it loaded on the frame~


I used Robert Kaufman's Spot On Wide in aqua for the backing.  Yesterday, I found some thin striped black and white fabric for the binding.

A closed up of the Edge 2 Edge quilting of the pattern ABC 123~



Thanks for stopping by!  Wishing you and yours Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment